September 4, 1898 First Episcopal Service in the Philippines conducted by chaplain Charles Pierce of the American occupation forces for Americans and other English-speaking residents in Manila
April 1899 Representatives of the Brotherhood of Saint Andrew in America (Hugh Nethercott and James Smiley) arrive in the Philippines to assist the chaplains.
September 1899 The_Rt._Rev._Frederick_RogersGraves2Bishop Frederick Graves of Shanghai, who is appointed by the Presiding Bishop to oversee the church work in the Philippines, visits Manila
1900 Army Chaplain Marvine starts Chinese mission with the baptism of three Amoy speaking nationals. By the end of the year, 12 more were baptized.
October 1901 The San Francisco General Convention creates the Philippines as a Missionary District. The same Convention elected Charles Henry Brent the first Bishop of the District.
November 24, 1902 Formal opening of St. Stephen, the Anglo-American Church in Manila with Fr. Walter Clapp as priest and Fr. Russell Talbot as assistant.
August 24, 1902 Picture_of_Bishop_Charles_BrentBishop Brent arrives in the Philippines on the same ship with William Howard Taft.
1903 Fr. John Staunton is sent to Baguio to establish a rest house for missionaries and minister to the natives. He built the House of the Resurrection.
February 1903 Bishop Brent and Fr. Clapp makes a survey trip to the Cordillera.
June 1903 asmschoolAll Saints Mission in Bontoc, Mountain Province is opened by the Rev. Walter Clapp
The same year, St. Stephen’s Mission among the Chinese is strengthened and St. Luke’s Dispensary is established
March 1904 The Chinese Mission moves to Binondo, Manila.
April 24, 1904 Consecration of the Church of the Resurrection
The same year, Fr. Staunton opened the Mission of St. Mary the Virgin in Sagada, Mountain Province.
September 24, 1904 Hobart Studley takes over the work for the Chinese Mission in Manila
September 27, 1904 First Episcopal service in Zamboanga conducted by Col. Edward Davies, a layman.
January 25, 1905 Laying of the foundation stone of the Cathedral of St. Mary and St. John, Manila
October 1905 Holy Trinity Church in Zamboanga consecrated.
March 13, 1906 George Bartter, then a layman designated to work among the Filipinos in Trozo.
Easter-week 1906 Easter School opened in Baguio with Samuel Drury as Headmaster with 8 Bontoc boys as students.
February 3, 1907
Old St Mary and St John

Old Cathedral of St Mary and St John

Consecration of the Cathedral of Saint Mary and Saint John with Mercer Johnston as first Rector.

September 1907 Methodist Missionaries turns over their Chinese Missions work to Fr. Studly.
October 23, 1907 The University Hospital, formerly Saint Luke’s is formally opened by William Howard Taft, the secretary of War.
October 20, 1908 Bishop Brent appoints Murray Barlett as Second rector of St. Mary and St. John. Fr. Barlett becomes the first President of the University of the Philippines in June 1911.
November 1909 The Baguio school for boys (now Brent School) opens at the YMCA building in Manila with the Rev. Ramsen Ogilby as Head Master
1910 The Rev. Frederick Meredith begins regular services at Saint Benedict’s Mission in Kin-iway, Besao, Mountain Province
1912 The Zamboanga Hospital for Muslims is established at Kawakawa. It is now known as Brent Hospital.
February 26, 1912 Anne Hargreaves - children at schoolDeaconess Anne Hargreaves is sent to Besao, Mountain Province as resident missionary and started a school for girls the beginning of St. James School.
February 16, 1913 Ben Ga Pay, a Chinese teacher at the St. Stephen High School is ordained deacon.
1914 School for Muslim girls is opened in Kawakawa; a dispensary and an agricultural school were built in Jolo.
October 20, 1917 Bishop Brent leaves the Philippines to become Chief chaplain of the American Expeditionary Force in Europe. He died in Paris on March 27, 1929.
February 25, 1920 gouverneur-frank-mosher-bishopGovernor Frank Mosher is consecrated second Bishop of the Missionary District of the Philippines.
The same year, Bishop Mosher made a survey trip to Upi, Cotabato, now Maguindanao.
1922 Captain Irving Edwards opened an Agricultural School in Cotabato. Fr. Leo Gay McAffe starts work among the Tirurays.
November 1925 Deaconess Charlotte Massey begins her clinic in Balbalasang, Kalinga-Apayao.
1927 The Rev. Leo Gay McAffe moved permanently from Zamboanga to Upi and opened the Mission of St. Francis of Assisi.
1929 The Rev. Robert Wilner starts his outreach ministry among Episcopalians in the gold mines around Baguio City. Eleanor Moss also moved to Alab as a resident missionary.
1930 Convocation approved the opening of a Cathedral School in Sagada with Fr. Lee Rose in charge.
1932 The Sagada Training School for lay and clergy ministry is opened. This marked the beginning of St. Andrew’s Theological Seminary. Its full time staff members were Fr. Ramsey and Fr. Wayland Mandell.
October 13, 1937 The Cincinnati General Convention allows the use of the name “Philippine Episcopal Church’ in place of “Missionary District of the Philippines”
January 25, 1938 Ordination of the first Filipinos to the Sacred Order of Deacons in the Philippine Episcopal Church: Eduardo Longid, Albert Masferre, and Mark Suluen.
October 1940 Bishop Mosher retires and is succeeded by Norman Spencer Binsted.
February 2, 1941 Miss Evelyn M. Ashcroft arrives and is assigned by Bishop Norman Spencer Binsted at All Saints, Bontoc
October 24, 1946 Bishop Isabelo delos Reyes of the Iglesia Filipina Independiente consults with Bishop Binsted on the possibility of the Episcopal Church conferring the historic episcopate to the IFI.
March 4, 1947 Bishop Binsted having sold the Manila property makes an initial payment for what is now Cathedral Heights, Quezon City.
September 16, 1947 SATS.jpgSaint Andrew’s Theological Seminary in Cathedral Heights is opened to both PIC and PEC candidates for the ordained ministry.
1952 The PEC sent two deputies to General Convention for the first time.
February 1953 Lyman Cunningham Ogilby is consecrated PEC Suffragan Bishop by Binstead.
February 27, 1955 The Holy Trinity Church in Manila is consecrated by PEC Suffragan Bishop Binstead.
March 1957 Bishop Binstead resigns because of ill health. He was succeeded by Bishop Ogilby.
February 2, 1959 The Rev Benito Cabanban is consecrated Suffragan Bishop. He was consecrated in the Pro-Cathedral of St. Luke’s on Calle Magdalena, Manila as suffragan bishop of PEC.
1963 The Federation of Churches in the Philippines became National Council of Churches in the Philippines (NCCP). The Primary Convention of NCCP took place in Cathedral Heights.
February 6, 1962 The Regional Council of Church of South East Asia is constituted in Manila. Present were the Bishops of Hongkong, Borneo, Singapore, South Korea and the Philippines. This is now the Council of Church in East Asia (CCEA).
February 9, 1962 cropped-national-cathedral-of-st-mary-and-st-john-quezon-city.jpgThe new Cathedral of St. Mary and St. John is consecrated and opened for service.
February 24, 1963 Eduardo Longid is consecrated Suffragan Bishop.
1965 Convocation created the PEC National Council. This council acted as an interim body in-between convocations.
May 1, 1967 Bishop Ogilby resigns to become Bishop Coadjutor of the Diocese of South Dakota. He was succeeded by Bishop Benito Cabanban, who was the first Filipino Bishop of the PEC.
January 25, 1969 Constancio Manguramas is consecrated Suffragan Bishop of PEC.
February 9, 1969 Bishop Cabanban was elected to the position of presiding bishop by the Philippine Synod in an election which lasted only 15 minutes. He became the first Filipino Bishop of the PEC.
1971 The PEC National Convention passed and approved a resolution to be presented to ECUSA House of Bishops for the division of the Missionary District.
October 1971 PECUSA House of Bishops, meeting in Pacono Manor Pennsylvania, grants the request of PEC to divide into three dioceses, namely: Episcopal Diocese of central Philippines (EDCP), Episcopal Diocese of Northern Philippines (EDNP), and the Episcopal Diocese of Southern Philippines (EDSP). The House of Bishops also consented to the election of Diocesan Bishops.
January 13, 1972 Bishop Constancio Manguramas is elected Bishop of the Diocese of Southern Philippines.
January 21, 1972 Bishop Eduardo Longid is elected Bishop of the Diocese of Northern Philippines.
January 1975 EDNP Convention elected Fr. Richard Abellon, Sr. as Bishop Coadjutor to replace Bishop Eduardo Longid who was retiring that year.
May 1978 Bishop Benito Cabanban retires and is succeeded by Bishop Constancio Manguramas as the second Filipino Presiding Bishop of PEC.
1978 National Convention approved the PEC Constitution and Canons. This was the first step to autonomy.
January 20, 1980 The agreed Statement of Baptism between the PEC and the Roman Catholic Church in the Philippines is signed by representatives of both Churches. The signing was done at the Cathedral of St. Mary and St. John, Quezon City.
March 1980 An Ad Hoc Committee on Covenant Relations was formed and tasked to study the feasibility of the PEC becoming an autonomous church.
May 1980 The Committee was made a Standing Committee on Church Autonomy.  Its task was ‘to work out a plan towards the PEC becoming an Autonomous Province of the Anglican Communion’.
May 1982 The National Convention confirms the choice of Bishop Richard Abellon as the third Presiding Bishop of PEC in place of Bishop Constancio Manguramas.
National Convention adopted the Proposed Resolution on Covenant Relation between PEC and ECUSA.  On the other hand, the New Orleans General Convention approved a resolution establishing Covenant Relations between PEC and ECUSA “as the preliminary step towards the establishment of the projected Autonomous Church of the Province of the PEC”. It also called for the creation of a ‘Joint Committee on Consultation’ composed of representatives from PEC and ECUSA.
1982 PEC Established a Lay Provident Plan for the Lay workers.
December 29, 1983 The Rev. Robert Lee O. Longid is consecrated Suffragan Bishop of EDNP.
May 1984 The 3rd National Convention adopt a proposed Notice of Intention for the granting of PEC Constitutional Autonomy by 1988 at the earliest.
March 1985 The Joint Committee on Consultation (JCC) had its first meeting. 1988 was set as the year for the “granting of Constitutional Autonomy”.
June 1985 The national Commission on Liturgy and Church Architecture started to draft a Filipino Book of Common Prayer.
September 1985 The Anaheim General Convention approved the ‘Notice of Intention’ with the proviso that the entire constituent dioceses express their consent.
November 28, 1985 The Council of Bishops elected Bishop Manuel Lumpias as the fourth Prime Bishop of PEC.
April 1986 The Episcopal Diocese of Northern Luzon was established as a new diocese of PEC.
April 15, 1986 The Rev. Robert Longid is elected as 3rd Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Northern Philippines.
May 14, 1986 National Convention confirms the election of Bishop Lumpias as Presiding Bishop.
July 27, 1986 Narciso Ticobay is elected and consecrated Bishop of Southern Philippines.
March 1987 National Council approved the printing of the Liturgy of the Mass, for trial use.
July, 1987 In July, The Joint Committee on the Philippine Covenant (JCPC) was created. The joint body drafted the Covenant that defined the relations between the two churches even beyond the time that the PEC becomes autonomous. The PEC Unified Five-Year (1988-1992) Plan and Budget Projection was completed.
December 10-11, 1987 December 10, 1987, the Standing Committee on Church Autonomy came up with a proposed resolution for the release of the PEC dioceses from the jurisdiction of ECUSA to form a new province of the Anglican Communion. On December 11, 1987, National Council approved the resolution. In May 1988, the PEC National Convention approved the resolution for presentation to ECUSA’s General Convention.
July 5, 1988 The 69th General Convention held in Detroit approved the resolution to release the PEC dioceses from the jurisdiction of ECUSA for the purpose of forming a new Province of the Anglican Communion. The same Convention approved the request of the Episcopal Diocese of Central Philippines to divide into two dioceses.

Convention also adopted the Covenant between PEC and ECUSA defining the new level of relationship.

February 1989 The Rev. Artemio Zabala is elected Bishop of the new diocese of North Central Philippines in its initial convention.
May 1-2, 1990 Inauguration of the Autonomous Province; Installation of Bishop Richard Abellon as first Prime Bishop; First Provincial Synod; adoption of Mission Statement and Agenda for mission; ratification of the charter of the Cathedral See.
1990 1990 – The Lay Provident Plan was changed to the ECP Retirement Plan, covering both lay and clergy.
May 26, 1991 The Rev. Ignacio Soliba is consecrated and installed as 2nd Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Northern Luzon.
January 6, 1993 Bishop Narciso V. Ticobay is installed as 2nd Prime Bishop of the ECP.
Marhc 25, 1993 Picture2The Rev. Joel A. Pachao is consecrated and installed 2nd Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of North Central Philippines.
September 14, 1993 The Rev. James B. Manguramas is consecrated Bishop and installed as 2nd Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Southern Philippines.
October 28, 1994 The Rev. Miguel P. Yamoyam is consecrated Bishop to serve as Suffragan Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Northern Philippines.
May 26, 1996 The Rev. Benjamin G. Botengan is consecrated as 3rd Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Central Philippines.
February 17, 1997 The ECP and Iglesia Filipina Independiente signed a Concordat of Full Communion at St. Andrew’s Theological Seminary, Quezon City.
March 19, 1997 Bp SolibaBishop Ignacio C. Soliba is inducted as 3rd Prime Bishop of the ECP following the retirement of PB Ticobay.
May 29-30, 1997 Prime Bishop Ignacio C. Soliba convenes the Council of Bishops and sets the tone for the Vision, Mission, and Goal process in the Episcopal Church.
July 4, 1997 ECP’s Executive Council adopted the 2007 ECP vision statement.
December 10, 1997 PB MalecdanThe Very Rev. Edward P. Malecdan is consecrated Bishop and installed as the 4th Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Northern Philippines.
April 15, 1999 The Episcopal Diocese of Santiago was established.
May 7, 1999 The 4th ECP Regular Synod ratified the ECP Book of Common Prayer and declared it to be the liturgy of the Church.
April 25, 2001
Bp Wandag

Bp Wandag with EDS ECW (Photo from EDS Facebook group)

The Rev. Alexander A. Wandag is consecrated 1st Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Santiago.

May 7-10, 2002 The 5th ECP Regular Synod approved the Draft ECP Hymnal and authorized it for trial use.
November 26-29, 2002 Picture1The 1st National Church Summit was held in Baguio City. A Covenant of Action was formulated further defining the work towards the ECP Vision 2007 in the areas of Renewal, Reaching-out and Self-Reliance.
October 10-11, 2003 The Episcopal Church in the Philippines celebrates its 100 years of existence.
February 4, 2003
Bp Dixie
Photo Credit to Ms Maricel Olowan

The Rev. Dixie C. Taclobao is consecrated Bishop Coadjutor of Episcopal Diocese of Central Philippines and installed Bishop of the dioceses in August 28, 2003.

September 21-25, 2003 The National Clergy Conference was held and a document entitled: ‘We are called”, was approved reaffirming the clergy’s commitment to their service and ordination vows. This was signed by all the clergy present.
October 2003 Picture1The Pasasalamat, which is equivalent to the United Thank Offering of TEC, was launched by the Episcopal Church Women.
October 28, 2003
Bp Dan

Photo credit-Gideon Bustamante

The Rev. Danilo I. Bustamante is consecrated Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Southern Philippines.

April 2004 The Brotherhood of St. Andrew held its 1st National Assembly in Baguio City.
January 1, 2005 The ECP Retirement Plan became a pension plan and is now known as The ECP Pension Fund Inc.